Wednesday, July 12, 2006

About that picture;


I guess it is difficult for the beautiful people of the world to choose a picture (or several) to post on a blog, but at least the photogenic folk have lots of choices. Since I am always the photographer in our family, we really have very few pics of me. I tend to prefer the ones taken from a distance so that you can only tell "hey, nice outfit" or "wow, that looks like quite an adventure". I have mixed feelings about this one because it looks too much like me. The good feelings come from the memories associated with the time/place. The picture was taken by someone I met on top of a mountain outside Anchorage, Alaska. I had started climbing on a clear, pleasant day and a cloud rolled in from the ocean as I was about halfway up. As I climbed through the cloud, it was like a light mist for an hour or so. Once at the top of the mountain it was clear above and the cloud was below. Anchorage, which would have been visible in the background of this picture was beneath the cloud. On top of the mountain it was very windy and much cooler than earlier. O.K., it was cold. It was a great day and part of two great weeks of exploring a rugged and wild state, mostly on my own and at my own pace. Yeah, I guess it is a pretty good picture.

7 comments:

Lerra said...

Nice photo. You look like you were deep in thought. Perhaps contemplating how you were going to blog about that moment. :-)

BabyJ20 said...

That's a fabulous pic of you Dad!!

John Owens said...

I thought he looked more like he was trying to figure out how he was going to get down from the mountain. :) Welcome, Roxy.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites! I think it's very appropriate for the location--hight up on top of the whole world!
1-4-3!
ME

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since summer camp!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»