Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fleeting Moment

I never really understood. I couldn't completely understand what Jesus meant when he said "they have eyes but can't see, ears but can't hear." Gradually, I have come to understand that it is me. There is so much that is beautiful and amazing that I fail to see every day. People are sending messages all the time that zoom past me. Slowly....ever so slowly....I am beginning to see and hear. As I cross the bridge over the Tallapoosa River each morning on my drive to work, I am amazed at the different views offered by the changing seasons, the time change, the weather changes and other influences. Some mornings I pass just as the Sun has risen enough to shine through the opening in the bend of the river and I think "I should stop and take a few pictures." But it is on a bridge. Traffic is dangerous. I need to get to work on time. Tuesday I pulled my camera out and took it from its case just before driving onto the bridge. It was a clear, cold day after a day of light rain. I expected there to be some fog rising from the river with sunshine filtering through. As I approached the bridge, I moved to the right lane and signaled a right turn. This probably concerned the truck behind me that I was going to turn off the bridge. There is just enough room to park right of the lane and about half way across, I turned on the flashers and stopped. After walking around to the front of the truck I took a few pictures of the river with fog rising just as the Sun rose over the trees. Total time=3 minutes. Late to work=1minute. Clarity and photo quality=mediocre. Value of the image captured to me=priceless.



4 comments:

Lerra said...

I should carry my camera with me wherever I go. Quite often as I leave Prattville for work in the morning, I can see the blanket of fog over Montgomery and the RSA tower "towering" over it.

KW said...

Great thoughts and photo. Life it short. Glad you're taking a few minutes to enjoy some of it.

KW said...

Life IS short, too - for those of you who don't speak south Georgian.

BigSis said...

Hi, Roxy. I just found your blog, thanks to LaWanna. This is all new to me. I really liked the picture.

Brenda Edge