Thursday, October 09, 2008

Coosa River Challenge Pictures

The last challenge of our race last weekend was to swim to this lock, climb the steps, and jump into the river, then swim with the paddle back to the kayak. Above, I held my nose. Below, Matt held his life jacket. Hint--don't extend your arm.


This was at the beginning of the mountain bike section. I am still smiling at this point.


I don't know these ladies. Their picture and the guys below are here just to show that we were not the only ones swimming when we were supposed to be paddling. Yes, there are two people in each boat.







1. The approach looks good



2. Uh-oh, a little sideways. Don't put on the brakes!



3. I think we can still save it! Paddle hard, Matt, I've got the boat!


I will try to not post any more pictures of the adventure race, but these were all purchased from the professional photographers and I need to get my money's worth. You can help me get my money's worth if you click on the pictures to enlarge them. It really adds to the reality.

3 comments:

Lerra said...

I get tired just LOOKING at the pictures.

Unknown said...

My husband & I are signed up to do this same race in October...would appreciate any advice or hints you could share! Thanks...
Angela

Roxy Wishum said...

Angela, I would love to talk about the race longer than you want to listen. Mostly, think of it as a long day of fun, challenging activity. It is only a race for a few. My goal was to avoid injury and finish. Feel free to e-mail at roxywishum@knology.net for more info. It is great that you are doing it with your hubby. If you survive, you will be closer.