Sunday, July 20, 2008

When Snakes Talked and Ran

Have you ever thought about what snakes used to be like? It is obvious from the Genesis account of the Garden of Eden that they talked. Eve did not seem surprised when the serpent
spoke to her. And they were cunning--more than all other creatures. And apparently they walked and ran? Why else would God curse the serpent with crawling on his belly and eating dust? And the curse that affects me most today is "I will put enmity between you and the woman. And between your seed and her Seed: He shall bruise your head and you shall bruise His heel." Yes, I believe there is a reference to Jesus in that curse. But I am equally convinced that the natural hate I have for snakes comes from God. Really. I hate snakes. And I have bruised the heads of many. That is why I think this guy is an idiot!

Go back and read Genesis 3. Let's see, crawl on belly, bruise head, bruise heel....nope it's not in here. Nowhere does it say "Push a snake up your sinus cavity and allow him to come out your mouth." Idiot! If I walked by at this moment and could get my hands on a pair of hedge clippers...

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Oh that's just gross. Or stupid. Probably both.

Kat said...

I'm puking. Seriously. I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Blaaahhh.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

gross. didn't he win like a world record or something? makes my eyes water just looking at it!

Lerra said...

Ugh, gross. Makes me gag.